IS&T will be migrating @MIT.EDU emails in three batches starting on Wednesday, March 15, 16, & 17 between 10 - 10:15 AM. The migration will take about 10 - 15 minutes.
Please note this migration will NOT affect your @MATH.MIT.EDU
- Mail forwarding will continue to work
If you are forwarding your @mit.edu email to math.mit.edu, or gmail.com, you should not be affected.
- All filters and rules will be migrated
IS&T has agreed to migrate all of the filters and rules set by each user in order to keep the user experience as simple as possible.
- https://owa.mit.edu will continue to work
If anyone has issues after migration and NEED to access your email ASAP, I recommend using this URL until you regain access through your mail client.
What You'll Need to Do
- On each device where you check @MIT.EDU email, you will need to go through a Touchstone login to get connected to the o365 environment.
- Outlook - Usually detects the change and directs you through Touchstone automatically
- Mobile Devices - Remove and re-add the account in order to get the Touchstone prompt
- It takes most people 2-10 minutes per device to reconnect (home computer, iPhone, tablet, etc.).
Certificates are used as part of authentication for O365. Verify these certificates are installed
- Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari - Launch CertAid (Applications> CertAid) and follow these instructions
- Firefox - Manual installation instructions
- Outlook Client - Windows
- Launch Outlook, you should receive an alert that Outlook has been directed to a new sever
- Click Allow
- You may be prompted to log in through a Touchstone authentication screen using your certificate (see above for certificate installation instructions)
- If you find yourself being continuously prompted for a username and password, please run this MSOAuthForAutodiscover registry file available in the IS&T KB, and restart Outlook
- Outlook Client - Mac
- Outlook Client - iOS
- Outlook Client - Android
- Apple Mail
- Browser (Outlook Web Access): The new URL for accessing your mailbox via a browser is now outlook.office.com. Please update your bookmarks.
If you share calendars with others, they will appear as disconnected and may give you errors until those accounts are migrated to O365. You can right-click on a calendar and remove it from your view, and re-add it once it has been migrated.
You will receive an email the day before your scheduled migration.
If you have any questions or problems regarding the migration of your mail, please contact the IS&T Service Desk.