Undergraduate Research and Reading Programs
Undergraduate students at MIT Mathematics Department have several opportunities to participate in mathematical research and directed reading. Four programs dedicated to cultivating research with the guidance of graduate students and faculty are:
- SPUR - Summer Program in Undergraduate Research
- DRP - Directed Reading Program during IAP in January
- UROP - Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program
- UROP+ - Supervised UROP Summer Program
- MSRP - MIT Summer Research Program
The director of the Math Department's research and reading programs is Dr. Slava Gerovitch.
Undergraduates also have an opportunity to lead recitations, grade, and tutor in mathematics. For more information visit Math Academic Services.