Combinatorial Analysis, 18.211
- Instructor: Mustazee Rahman (mustazee@mit)
- Lectures: MWF 2-3 in 2-147
- Office hours: MF 3-4 or by appointment in 2-238A
- Grader: Christopher Ryba
Course description: This is a course in combinatorics
that will emphasize enumeration techniques and graph theory.
See the course syllabus for information on topics and grading scheme.
Course syllabus and a rough schedule.
- Text: M. Bona, A Walk Through Combinatorics (2nd ed. or above).
- Final exam: Tuesday, December 19 from 1:30 - 4:30 pm in 56-154.
- Exam office hours: Wed, Dec 13, 3-4 pm and Mon, Dec 18, 10-2 pm (or by appointment if neccessary).
- Exam Syllabus: Lectures 3-34 excluding Lecture 13. Chapters 3 - 11 of text exlcuding material not
covered in the lectures. All supplementary notes. Chapters 2.1 - 2.3 and 3.1 - 3.4 of generatingfunctionology.
- Practice exam. Try to do it on your own in one sitting.
The final exam will be similar and not harder. Also, go over solutions of homework problems
that you may not have solved.
- Midterm practice problems.
- Students can also pick up graded homeworks or the midterm exam during office hours.