Junho Peter Whang
Office: Building 2 Room 2-238A
Email: jwhang [at] mit [dot] edu
I am a C.L.E. Moore Instructor at MIT. Here is my CV.
I received my Ph.D. in Mathematics at Princeton in 2018 under the guidance of Peter Sarnak.
I am applying for tenure-track positions this Fall 2020.
Diophantine analysis at the interface of number theory, geometry, topology, and dynamics.
- Global geometry on moduli of local systems for surfaces with boundary. [arXiv]
To appear in Compositio Mathematica.
- Nonlinear descent on moduli of local systems. [arXiv]
To appear in Israel Journal of Mathematics.
- Arithmetic of curves on moduli of local systems. [arXiv]
To appear in Algebra & Number Theory.
- The rank two p-curvature conjecture on generic curves. [arXiv]
With Anand Patel and Ananth Shankar. Submitted.
- Surface group representations in SL2(C) with finite mapping class orbits. [arXiv]
With Indranil Biswas, Subhojoy Gupta, and Mahan Mj. Submitted.
- Surfaces, braids, Stokes matrices, and points on spheres.[arXiv]
With Yu-Wei Fan. To be submitted.
- Diophantine reciprocity on the one-holed torus. [PDF]
- Fall 2020: Course administrator and recitation leader for Multivariable Calculus (18.02).
- Spring 2020: Recitation leader for Multivariable Calculus (18.02).
- Fall 2019: Instructor for Introduction to Arithmetic Geometry (18.782). [Webpage]
- Spring 2019: Recitation leader for Differential Equations (18.03).
- Fall 2018: Recitation leader for Multivariable Calculus (18.02).
This page was last updated on September 15, 2020.