Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Department of Mathematics
Hello! I am a 6th year PhD student at MIT math.
I am interested in theoretical computational problems related to quantum mechanical systems, specifically area laws and the complexity of local Hamiltonians. I am very fortunate to be advised by Jonathan Kelner and Peter Shor. Please see my CV and research statement.
- Short proof of a spectral Chernoff bound for local Hamiltonians
- Sub-exponential algorithm for 2D frustration-free spin systems with gapped subsystems
& Sharp implications of AGSPs for degenerate ground spaces
- (Combined and submitted as one paper)
- A polynomial-time algorithm for ground states of spin trees
- Quantum Information Processing (QIP) 2020, single-track talk
- With P. Rigollet: Sparse Gaussian ICA