C L E Moore Instructor
email: negronc at mit dot edu
Algebra and tensor categories.
Spring 2018, 18.703 Modern Algebra. MWF 11, Room 2-139.
OFFICE HOURS: 12pm-2pm Tuesday, or by appointment
Book: Fraleigh, A first course in abstract algebra.
Homework (due at 2pm in box by Math dept offices)
Grades are managed through Stellar.
1) List your sources at the top of your HW. If you collaborated with other students list these people as "collaborators".
2) Do not copy information (word for word) from your collaborators. Ideally, write up your solutions independently.
- Small quantum groups associated to Belavin-Drinfeld triples. to appear Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. (pdf)
- (w/ S.
Witherspoon) The Gerstenhaber bracket as a Schouten bracket for
polynomial rings extended by finite groups. Proc. Lond. Math. Soc., 2017. (pdf)
- (w/ R. Ng) Gauge invariants from the powers of antipodes. Pacific J. Math., 2017. (pdf, slides)
- The cup product on Hochschild cohomology via twisting cochains
and applications to Koszul rings. J. Pure Appl. Algebra, 2017. (pdf)
- The derived Picard group of an affine Azumaya algebra. Selecta Math., 2017.
- (w/ S.
Witherspoon) An alternate approach to the Lie bracket on Hochschild
cohomology. Homology Homotopy Appl., 2016. (pdf)
- Spectral sequences for the cohomology rings of a smash product. J. Algebra, 2015. (pdf)
- (w/ T. Schedler) The Hochschild cohomology ring of a global quotient orbifold. coming soonish
- (w/ E. Friedlander) Cohomology for Drinfeld doubles of some infinitesimal group schemes. submitted (pdf)
- Twists for quantum Borel algebras. submitted (pdf)
- Braided Hochschild cohomology and Hopf actions. submitted
I've previously worked with the Gardere
Initiative in Baton Rouge, and University Beyond Bars in Seattle.
Note: I have some (mild) health problems which make travel somewhat difficult. So I am trying to regulate my travel more strictly this year. Despite that, I sincerely appreciate all invitations to speak :D
| Oct. 1-Dec 31, 2017||Hausdorff Institute, Bonn||Trimester Program Symplectic Geometry and Representation Theory.
| Jan 10-11||San Diego||AMS Special Session on Hopf algebras
| Jan 16-17||UC Santa Barbara||Colloquium talk
| Jan 27||UNC||Colloquium talk
| Mar 26-30||Texas A& M||Algebra seminar
| Apr 19||Perdue University||Algebra seminar
| May 28-Jun 1||Snowbird Utah||Stable Cohomology: Foundations and Applications.
| Jun 10-Jun 16||Whispering Pines Conference Center, RI||Subfactors and Fusion Categories MRC.
| Oct 27-28||San Francisco State||AMS Special Session on Homological aspects of noncommutative algebra and geometry