Problem Set Assignments for 18.310
Turning in problem sets
- Problem Set assignments are due at 4PM in the Undergraduate Math Office (2-108).
- You can also turn in your homework in class to the Instructor or TA.
- Some assignments request a submission via Stellar
- If you are submitting an electronic copy (in whole or in part), please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in this email:
- Homework Assignment # (in the subject line)
- the problem number and part you are submitting (in the header)
- Your name (in the file name of the spreadsheet and in the content of spreadsheet itself)
- Please note that you are encouraged to collaborate, but you must write up your homework and craft your spreadsheet separately. Make comments in the spreadsheet to illustrate the fact that you do, indeed, know what you are doing. Copying and turning in the same spreadsheet as another student is strictly prohibited. There may be serious consequences.
- You are strongly encouraged to redo and turn in revised versions of homework or exams in which you made serious mistakes. You will receive up to half the lost credit. You have one week after the graded homeworks are handed back to turn in any redone work. Late homework (if it's not overly late) will be accepted, but you will not get an opportunity to have it regraded.
Current problem sets
Problem Set #10 due 12/3/08
Problem Set #9 due 11/12/08
Problem Set #8 due 11/7/08
Problem Set #7 due 10/31/08
Problem Set #6 due 10/24/08
Problem Set #5 due 10/6/08
Problem Set #4 due 10/1/08
Problem Set #3 due 9/24/08
Problem Set #2 due 9/17/08
Problem Set #1 due 9/10/08
Note that in problem 6 you should assume that the two bad coins are identical.