Ao Sun's Homepage
I am graduating in 2020 spring. Please visit my new website https://sites.google.com/view/aosun/
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Department of Mathematics
Email:aosun at mit dot edu
I'm Ao Sun, a fifth year graduate student in the Department of Mathematics at MIT. My advisor is William Minicozzi.
I am interested in geometry and PDEs, especially minimal surfaces, constant mean curvature surfaces, and mean curvature flow.
Here is my CV.
I will be a L.E. Dickson Instructor at the University of Chicago this September.
- Min-max minimal disks with free boundary in Riemannian manifolds (with Longzhi Lin and Xin Zhou), arXiv:1806.04664 (2018)
Geometry & Topology 24 (2020) 471-532 https://doi.org/10.2140/gt.2020.24.471
- Compactness and Rigidity of $\lambda$-Surfaces, arXiv:1804.09316
International Mathematics Research Notices. https://doi.org/10.1093/imrn/rnz363
- Compactness of Constant Mean Curvature Surfaces in Three Manifold with Positive Ricci Curvature, arXiv:1804.09328
Pacific Journal of Mathematics 305-2 (2020), 735--756. DOI 10.2140/pjm.2020.305.735
- Compactness of self-shrinkers in \mathbb R^3 with fixed genus (with Zhichao Wang), arXiv:1811.05387
Adv. Math. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aim.2020.107110
- Bifurcation of perturbations of non-generic closed self-shrinkers (with Zhengjiang Lin), arXiv:2004.07787 (2020)
- Entropy in A Closed Manifold and Partial Regularity of Mean Curvature Flow Limit of Surfaces, arXiv:1912.09431 (2019)
- Codimension Bounds and Rigidity of Ancient Mean Curvature Flows by the Tangent Flow at $-\infty$(with Douglas Stryker), arXiv:1909.02535 (2019)
- Construction of High Codimension Ancient Mean Curvature Flows
(with Douglas Stryker), arXiv:1908.02688 (2019)
- On the Entropy of Parabolic Allen-Cahn Equation, arXiv:1812.08894 (2018)
- Local Entropy and Generic Multiplicity One Singularities of Mean Curvature Flow of Surfaces, arXiv:1810.08114 (2018)
- Singularities of Mean Curvature Flow of Surfaces with Additional Forces, arXiv:1808.03937 (2018)
- Sharp Entropy Bounds for Plane Curves and Dynamics of the Curve Shortening Flow (with Julius Baldauf), arXiv:1808.03936 (2018)
- Carleman Estimate for Surface in Euclidean Space at Infinity, arXiv:1703.08759 (2017)
Some notes I took at many different places.
I was running the geometric analysis student seminar at MIT in 2019.
Note this is not the official Geometric Analysis Seminar at MIT.
I am a George Lusztig PRIMES Mentor in year 2018. PRIMES is "Program for Research in Mathematics, Engineering and Science for High School Students" held by MIT.
I was the cheif editor of Hesi from 2013-2014 at Tsinghua University. Hesi is a student journal edited by students in Department of Mathematical Sciences, Tsinghua University.
Beautiful sunset at Boston
Here is a collection of online seminars.