Probability Working Group
is an informal seminar run by Alexei
Borodin and Vadim Gorin
and devoted to recent developments related to the integrable
probability in the wide sense.
list for the regular announcements.
Talks in Fall 2017:
- TUESDAY, September 19. 3.00pm in 2-255.
Moll (Bonn): Integrability and Fractional Gaussian Fields
in Geometric Quantization
- THURSDAY, September 21. 3.00pm in 2-142.
Russkikh (Geneva): Playing dominos in different
- THURSDAY, September 28. 3.00pm in 2-142.
Spohn (Munich): KPZ growing interfaces: How flat is flat?
- THURSDAY, October 5. 3.00pm in 2-142.
Huang (Harvard): Discrete beta ensembles:
dynamics and universality.
- TUESDAY, Oct 17. 3.00pm in 2-255.
Saenz (University of Virginia)
- TUESDAY, October 24. 3.00pm in 2-255.
Talks in Fall 2016:
- THURSDAY, October 13. 3.00pm in 2-146
Adler (Brandeis University): Tilings of non-convex polygons
and limiting processes.
- TUESDAY, November 1. 3.00pm in 2-146
Hanin (MIT): Jack polynomials and 2D beta ensembles
- THURSDAY, November 10. 3.00pm in 2-146
Pei (Harvard): A qRSK and its q-polymer
- TUESDAY, November 15. 3.00pm in 2-146
Cuenca (MIT): Asymptotics of Macdonald and Jack polynomials
- MONDAY, November 21. 3.00pm in 2-361
Novak (UCSD): Semiclassical Asymptotics of GL_N(ℂ) Tensor
Products via Quantum Random Matrices
- TUESDAY, November 29. 3.00pm in 2-146
Zhang (MIT): Interlacing adjacent levels of β-Jacobi
- TUESDAY, December 6. 3.00pm in 2-146
Lodhia (MIT): Marchenko-Pastur
Law for Kendall's Tau
Talks in Spring 2016:
- THURSDAY, February 4. 3.00pm in 2-136.
Stochastic spin models, Lecture 1.
- THURSDAY, February 11. 3.00pm in 2-136.
Stochastic spin models, Lecture 2.
- THURSDAY, February 18.
- THURSDAY, February 25. 3.00pm in 2-136.
(MIT): Laguerre and
Jacobi analogues of the Warren
- THURSDAY, March 3. 3.00pm in 2-136.
Knizel (MIT): Asymptotics of random domino tilings of
rectangular Aztec diamonds
- THURSDAY, March 10.
- THURSDAY, March 17. 3.00pm in 2-136.
Stochastic spin models, Lecture 3.
- TUESDAY, March 22. 3.30pm in 2-361
Wheeler (University of Melbourne): The interplay between
quantum integrability and symmetric functions
- THURSDAY, March 31. 3.00pm in 2-136.
Stochastic spin models, Lecture 4.
- THURSDAY, April 7. 3.00pm in 2-136.
Discrete loop equations and their use in statistical mechanics.
- THURSDAY, April 14. 3.00pm in 2-136.
On Spin 1/2 Models with (Half) Stationary Initial Data.
- THURSDAY, April 21. 3.00pm in 2-136.
Shapes: Correspondence Principle as Large Deviations Principle
April 28. 3.00pm in 2-136.
Knizel (MIT): Gaussian asymptotics of
- THURSDAY, May 5. 3.00pm in 2-136.
Shapes: Correspondence Principle as Large Deviations Principle -
Talks in Fall 2015:
TUESDAY, Sep 15. 3.00pm in E18-466B.
Jeffrey Kuan (Columbia): Two time distribution
in Brownian directed percolation
THURSDAY, Sep 17. 3.00pm in E17-128.
meeting: Please, bring with you the articles
and topics which you are interested in and which you would like to
be discussed during the semester.
- THURSDAY, Sep 24. 3.00pm in E17-128.
Coulomb Gasses and Renormalized Energy
- THURSDAY, Oct 1.
due to Charles
River Lectures on Probability and Related Topics
on Friday, Oct 2 at MSR
- THURSDAY, Oct 8. 3.00pm in E17-128
ASEP with open boundaries and Koornwinder polynomials
- THURSDAY, Oct 15. 3.00pm in E17-128
Efficient quantum tomography
- TUESDAY, Nov 3, 3.00pm in E18-358
La Croix (MIT): The Singular Values of
- TUESDAY, Nov 10, 3.00pm in E18-358
Dimitrov (MIT): Asymptotic results for a
Hall-Littlewood process on plane partitions.
- TUESDAY, Nov 24, 3.00pm in E18-358
Barraquand (Columbia): First
particle in exclusion processes and the Pfaffian Schur process.